The Ottoman Society for Engineers and Architects -
General Statute of 1908
Translated by Şeref Etker
The Ottoman Society for Engineers and Architects was founded in September 1908, immediately after the Young Turk Revolution. The founding members of the Society formulated a General Statute specifying the aims of the organisation, describing membership status, composition of the board of directors, and the various functions of the Ottoman Society for Engineers and Architects as a professional body. Studies on the activities of the society referred to the text of the statute published in the Society's journal in 1909. This statute was, in fact, published earlier separately as a pamphlet. As both statutes differ in some details, transliteration of the original statute published in 1908 is presented as a contribution to the history of the Society.